Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Roast Recipe -set it and forget it!
Cooking a roast in the summer, like this Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Roast, could make for an unbearably hot kitchen. But cooking the pork roast in your slow cooker allows you to keep your kitchen temp reasonable, have a nice main dish ready and you don't have to babysit it. It's cooking while you're out there living your busy life and is already when you and the family are for your evening meal. I love grilling in the summer but using my slow cooker allows me to change things up and give the barbecue a rest.
My Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Roast is easy to prepare and is served with a tasty, tangy sauce that tastes great on the meat and sides like mashed potatoes. It's a big hit here at the Thompson house so give it a try and bathe in the admiration as your family raves about this year round favorite.Print
Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Roast Recipe
Slow cooking guarantees that this pork loin roast will come out juicy, tender and tasty. The sauce made from the drippings left in the slow cooker will be a huge hit!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 5 mins
- Category: Meat Entree
- Cuisine: American
- 2 ½ - 3 lb. boneless rolled pork loin, tied with string
- 1 16 oz. can jellied cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup cranberry juice
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 3 tbs. cornstarch
- 3 tbs. water
- Put the pork roast in your slow cooker.
- In a bowl, use a potato masher to break down the jellied cranberry sauce.
- Add sugars, juice,mustard, and cloves to the cranberry sauce and stir thoroughly.
- Pour over the roast and cover the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the pork is tender and the internal temp of the roast is 145-150°.
- Remove the roast to its serving platter, tent it in foil and let it rest while you prepare sauce.
- Skim fat from juices left in slow cooker.
- Measure 2 ½ cups of the juices (add water to make up the difference if necessary. Pour into saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water in a separate bowl to make a slurry.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the juices, stirring until thickened. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with sliced pork.
If you enjoy slow cooker recipes, be sure to check out our other crock pot favorites -