There are many nights that it’s a marathon race to get dinner on the table, or actually its more like a sprint! In my repertoire of quick sides is an quick and easy favorite, Herbed Potatoes cooked in record time in the microwave. I have to admit that I don’t cook a lot with microwave. I use to make popcorn, I reheat things in it, and I do cook potatoes in it when I am in a rush. Hubby doesn’t consider it a meal unless it has meat, potatoes, and at least one vegetable. Any supper that doesn’t include those three is a cop-out in his opinion. This family favorite helps me meet his expectations and meet my hectic schedule.
|Easy Microwave Herbed Potatoes|| |
- 2 lbs. of potatoes, cut in 1'inch bite size pieces. Yukon Gold is my favorite but any "tater" will work.
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs. melted butter
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. sage
- When you prepare your potatoes, you can leave the skins on if you are using a thin skinned variety, but peel if you use a coarser skinned potato like a russet.
- Rinse cut potato pieces in cold water, drain thoroughly and place in microwaveable covered dish.
- Add butter and olive oil and gently toss to cover all potato pieces.
- Mix garlic powder and herbs together in small bowl.
- Pour garlic/herb mixture over potatoes and toss to evenly coat.
- Cook on medium high setting for 9 -10 minutes
- Note: Sometimes I toss the cooked potatoes in a cast iron skillet with a 1 tbs. olive oil and just lightly brown the edges for a prettier look!
May you win all your cooking marathons! Some days being a mom is quite a race to the finish!