- 2 lbs. of potatoes, cut in 1’inch bite size pieces. Yukon Gold is my favorite but any “tater” will work.
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs. melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. sage
- When you prepare your potatoes, you can leave the skins on if you are using a thin skinned variety, but peel if you use a coarser skinned potato like a russet.
- Rinse cut potato pieces in cold water, drain thoroughly and place in microwaveable covered dish.
- Add butter and olive oil and gently toss to cover all potato pieces.
- Mix garlic powder and herbs together in small bowl.
- Pour garlic/herb mixture over potatoes and toss to evenly coat.
- Cook on medium high setting for 9 -10 minutes
- Note: Sometimes I toss the cooked potatoes in a skillet with a 1 tbs. olive oil and just lightly brown the edges for a prettier look!