Green is Good – especially when it’s a Pistachio Muffin!
I love the pistachio flavor, be it in ice cream, pudding, or in the yummy results of this Pistachio Muffin Recipe. The first time I ever had pistachio ice cream, as a kid, I thought it was maraschino cherry ice cream and they had got the color wrong. To this day, pistachio “anything” reminds me of that wonderful ice cream sundae topping treat – the maraschino cherry!
I’m always looking for something different and quick for a breakfast treat, and when I found an easy muffin recipe that turns out moist, tasty, and easy to prepare I had to share it. I originally found this on the Duncan Hines website. It sounded so good and when I tried it I was hooked. Over the years I have changed it up a little with my own extra additions as I can never leave a recipe alone. I love experimenting in the kitchen!
|Easy Moist Pistachio Muffin Recipe|| |
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 box pistachio instant pudding
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup + ¼ cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 tbs. sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Sift flour with cake mix.
- Add instant pudding, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon zest and mix together thoroughly.
- Beat eggs.
- Mix eggs with sour cream, water, vegetable oil and stir well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir. Don't over-mix, batter can be a little lumpy as this is a quick bread.
- Fold in ½ cup nuts.
- Pour into greased muffin pan.
- Mix sugar & ¼ cup nuts together and sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake at 375°F for 5 minutes then 350F for 15-18 minutes.
Try these other muffin recipes by the Wilderness Wife –