This Tasty Orange Cranberry Muffin Recipe is big on flavor with a great texture!
This is my favorite Orange Cranberry Muffin Recipe. I’ve tried quite a few over the years and this one is a culmination of those trials. I have taken an ingredient from here and another from there, added a couple of extra steps and came up with what I consider a superior Orange Cranberry Muffin Recipe. The sour cream in this recipe adds an extra layer of flavor and richness to this recipe.
I use fresh cranberries for this Orange Cranberry Muffin recipe, not the sugary dried ones. They are easily obtainable at the market year round and I don’t worry that the recipe doesn’t use the whole bag. You can freeze the extras but they also store for a long time in the vegetable draw. But these muffins are so good you’ll be repeating this recipe and using them all up before they go bad, trust me!
|Orange Cranberry Muffin Recipe|| |
- ½ c. unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- ¼ c.brown sugar, light or dark, packed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ c. sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- zest from 2 oranges
- 1¾ c.all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp.baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tbs. orange juice
- 2 tbs. milk
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Spray a 12 count muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Using a mixer, stand or handheld, cream the butter and sugars together thoroughly,Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla and mix for 2 minutes on high speed till well combined.
- Lower the speed to Low and add the orange zest. Beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Combine thoroughly using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Using a whisk to gently stir, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Add orange juice and milk, and continue to slowly stir with whisk. There will be small lumps and this is PK in a quick bread such as this.
- Dust the cranberries with some flour. This helps to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
- Add cranberries to batter and gently mix in with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Fill the muffin tins with batter. You can use paper muffin wrappers if you want. They can make them look more festive.
- Put muffin in oven. Bake at 375F for 5 minutes, then reduce to 350F for 15-18 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the center come out clean.
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes.