Beef Curry Soup, yummy and fragrant simmering in the Slow Cooker = a little bit of Heaven here on earth!
It’s almost May here in the North Maine Woods but the weather has been cold and rainy. We even had a snow storm a week ago! This seems like it has been an endless winter and today we have a cold, bone chilling drizzle and gloomy skies. It’s the perfect day for a warm comforting soup so I have just finished filling the slow cooker with a batch of Slow Cooker Beef Curry Soup. I’ll be serving the Beef Curry Soup with a nice crusty baguette spread with garlic butter and toasted under the broiler for a few minutes. It’s a meal that always puts a smile on Bill’s face and for me. that’s a good thing!
Slow Cooker Beef Curry Soup Recipe
This is hearty and tasty slow cooker beef soup that will please any comfort food fan!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 20 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Slow Cooker Soup
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 lbs. beef stew meat, cut in 1/2-3/4″ cubes
- 2 medium onions, coarse chop
- 1/2 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 3 tsp. curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 3–4 sprigs of fresh thyme, tied in bundle for easy removal or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 3 med. carrots, sliced
- 3 med. potatoes cut into 3/4” cubes
- 1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms (I like Baby Bellas)
- 1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- Heat a large skillet and add olive oil.
- Dredge stew meat in flour and place in skillet. Add onions and celery. Cook all until meat is browned on all sides.Remove meat, onions, celery and place in slow cooker.
- Take 1 cup of beef broth and add to skillet to deglaze pan. Be sure to use a wooden spoon to loosen all the delicious bits of brown goodness from the skillet and then pour skillet content into slow cooker.
- Pour the remaining 3 cups of beef broth and water into the slow cooker.
- Add salt, pepper, curry, bay leaves and thyme sprigs to slow cooker.
- Add carrots, potatoes, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook for 6 hours.
- Taste before serving for seasoning. Add aditional seasoning if needed.
This is my kind of dinner! Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!
Lou Lou Girls says
This looks incredible! I’m drooling right now. Pinned and tweeted. We are so thrilled to have you at our party. Please stop by on Monday at 7, so we can see your amazing projects. Lou Lou Girls
Diane Williams says
I adore beef stew and crockpot cooking! This looks so delicious! Thank you for linking up at #PureBlogLove link Party. The party goes live every Thursday night at 8 p.m. EST. and runs through the weekend. I’m hosting over at http://www.homemadefoodjunkie.com. I hope you come link up another great post!
Two things I’m loving right now Slower Cooker and a good Soup. Thanks for sharing on Oh My Heartsie Girls WW
Karren Haller says
There is nothing better than a slow cooked meal and I have been making more of them as of late.
Thanks for stopping by to link and share on The Oh My Heartsie Girl WW this week!!
We appreciate you shared your blog with us!!
Have a great week, Karren
Pinned!! Oh my goodness, this looks amazing! Thank you for sharing! Have a wonderful week and please come share and link up with me now!! http://www.wrightsimply.com/2015/03/those-messy-leprechauns-wordless.html
xx Ashleigh @SimplyWright
This look so good it is making my mouth water. I have to try this. Pinned to my Good Eats board. Can’t wait to try this recipe. Blessings.
Visiting from Do Tell Tuesday.
Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above says
Amazing recipe. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday’s Adorned From Above Link Party.
Debi and Charly
Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again next week!
Ashley @LeavingTheRut.com says
I love new slow cooker recipes, and this one looks delicious!! Can’t wait to give it a try. Just pinned it!
Diane Balch says
I never thought of putting curry in beef stew. Brilliant idea.
yum! I love a good curry
I love warm and delicious stews and this one looks perfect! So nice stopping by to visit!
This looks delicious! I would love for you share it on my Tasty Tuesday recipe link up here! Everything gets pinned and I would love to have you!
Ritchil Shafer (Cheng and 3 Kids) says
Your beef soup looks delicious! Trying this recipe for sure.
This looks delicious!
Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!