- 1 pound dandelion green
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional – grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash greens thoroughly in salted water.
- Cut leaves in 2 inch pieces. I use scissors to make it quick.
- Cook greens uncovered in a small amount of salted water until just starting to become tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain greens and rinse thoroughly in a colander with cold water to stop cooking. Be sure to drain and press out all excess moisture.
- Sauté onion and onion in olive oil till translucent, add garlic sautéing for 2-3 minutes more. do not allow garlic to burn.
- Add dandelions and cook for 4-6 minutes more stirring to mix and coat with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.