- •1 stick butter – room temperature
- •1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs – room temperature
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream – room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Combine flour (except 1 tablespoon), salt, baking powder, baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Beat the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. Gradually add the sugar ¼ cup at a time, and then beat at high speed for about 8-10 minutes until very light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Add one egg at a time, beating for about 1 minute between each egg. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl between the addition of each each egg.
- Add the sour cream and the flour mixture alternately ¼ at a time while beating on low speed. Again, be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl through each addition.
- Dust the blueberries with the 1 tablespoon of flour (this helps suspend them in the batter so that they don’t sink to the bottom of the pan during baking).
- Fold the floured blueberries into the batter very gently, distributing them evenly.
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake for 70 – 80 minutes in a 325 degree oven.
- Test for doneness with a toothpick making sure it comes out clean. Cool on rack for 20 minutes then remove from pan and allow to cool more.
- Serve with whip cream and blueberry syrup.