- Fresh sweet corn in husk
- Butter, softened
- Garlic salt or onion salt (optional)
- preheat the grill to 350F.
- Loosen the husk around the corn but do not remove.
- Place the corn in a pot of cold water (enough to cover corn). Let soak for 15 minutes.
- Remove corn from water. Peel back the husk to remove the silk.
- Apply the softened butter to the corn kernels.
- This is an optional step but lightly sprinkle the corn with garlic or onion salt.
- Rewrap the husks around the corn. If the husks don’t stay around the corn, you can use kitchen string to close them at the tip of the corn.
- Place the corn over direct heat on the grill. Char the husks lightly using tongs to turn them (about a minute on each side).
- Put corn on an area of indirect heat or an upper grill shelf.
- Close grill and leave for about 15 minutes. Be careful – overcooking can cuse the corn to be mushy.
- Serve immediately.