- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. butter
- 2 tsp. curry powder (use Madras if you want a spicier soup)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 medium stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 4 cups sliced carrots (about 6–8 carrots)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup half & half cream (use fat free for more healthy version)
- sour cream as garnish
- chives as garnish
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion, celery, and carrots. Sauté for 5 mins. over medium heat.
- Add garlic and curry powder and continue to sauté another 3 mins. being careful not to burn garlic.
- Put veggies in slow cooker.
- Deglaze skillet with 2 cups of chicken broth being sure to scrape up any crusty brown bits, and then pour into slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the chicken broth.
- Set slow cooker on low heat for 3-4 hours. Cook until carrots are tender.
- Using the immersion blender, puree the soup in slow cooker until velvety smooth.
- Add half & half and blend till thoroughly combined.
- Add slat & pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with chopped chives and/or dollop of sour cram.