- 3 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- 2 lbs. fresh asparagus spears trimmed to fit skillet or saute pan you will use. If stems are thick, be sure to peel them to remove the woody portion.
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- In skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and add in the brown sugar stirring till it dissolves.
- Add the asparagus spears and saute over medium heat for about 3 minutes (a little longer for thicker stems).
- Add the chicken broth and lemon zest.
- Bring to a boil: then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 8 – 10 minutes, or until the asparagus spears are crisp-tender. (Don’t overcook or they get mushy.)
- Remove asparagus to a warm serving dish and keep warm.
- Cook the sauce until reduced by half.
- Pour the sauce over asparagus and serve.