- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 medium potatoes, cut in 1″ cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic (about 1 large clove)
- 1 can (15 ounce) of stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounce) kidney beans
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese, monterey jack or cheddar
- Brown ground beef in skillet, then drain the fat and put ground beef in slow cooker.
- Pour tomatoes with juice into a medium bowl and smash up a little with a potato masher utensil. Add with juice to slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the cheese and stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. (4 hours on high).
- Sprinkle the top with cheese and let cook for one more hour covered.
- Serve piping hot. Great with a side of freshly baked biscuits.