- 2 cups (2 individual size containers) Minute Ready to Serve White Rice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tbs. sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs.melted butter
- 1/3 c. flour
- 1 egg
- Fine Dry Breadcrumbs
- Fat for deep frying
- Lemon caper sauce (see recipe below)
- Mix rice, egg, milk,sugar, lemon zest, and butter together. Mix thoroughly to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Refrigerate, spread evenly in a greased pan until chilled.
- Evenly divide and shape into 8 croquettes.
- Roll them in flour, dip in egg, and them roll in breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in 380 degree oil until golden, about 2- 5 mins.
- Serve hot with Lemon Caper Sauce.