- 1 tbs. butter
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1c. diced onion
- 2 tbs. minced garlic
- 2 14 oz. cans of chicken stock
- 2 c. water
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp. dried marjoram
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 6 oz. pasta, noodles, or rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, melt butter and add olive oil.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Add chicken stock, water, bay leaf, marjoram, and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Add pasta or rice (your preference). Cook until pasta is done. (about 10 minutes)