Chicken Vegetable Soup in a Slow Cooker
Hearty and healthy, this warming slow cooker chicken vegetable soup recipe can make the coldest day more cozy. It is quick to get together, and is a great way to use up left-over chicken, Bill likes dumplings so sometimes I put those in during the last half hour of cooking. If I don’t make dumplings, I make a batch of cheese biscuits to serve with the soup.
|Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup|| || |
- 4 cups reduced-fat reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 - 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup canned white beans
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1 med onion diced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup potato cut in ½ inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. sage
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- The directions for this couldn't be simpler. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Hope you enjoy this slow cooker chicken vegetable soup recipe and be sure to stop by each week on Saturday, when it’s Slow Cooker Saturday at The Wilderness Wife.