When I was shopping Saturday, the store had some beautiful, ripe, downright fragranht plums. So I grabbed a few and when I got home I started thinking about doing something different with them. I started digging through a folder of my mother’s recipes and found this one handwritten on an index card. It wasn’t her handwriting so it’s one someone gave her so I can’t credit any source.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup red plum, coarsely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, except for 1 tbs., sugar, baking powder and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Combine milk, egg, melted butter, and almond extract in a separate bowl and whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix till batter comes together. Be careful not to overmix.
- Dust the plum pieces with the remaining flour (this will help keep the plums from sinking to the bottom of the muffins and more evenly distribute them in the flour) and then gently combine into batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from muffin pan. Finish cooling on rack.
Last Week’s Favorites …………We had a lot of great party contributions but the big favorite with the most likes was “Homemade Caramel Sauce” from Camille at “Growing Up Gabel”.
So now let’s see who will WOW us this week. It’s time for the Wicked Good Wedenesday Blog Party. Be sure to “like” your favorites to give them a chance to be featured next week!Up here in Maine we have a saying, “Wicked Good”. We use it to describe anything that we think is just the best, over the top, really, really good! Hence this Linky collection showcasing the most creative Bloggers on the Internet and their latest creative pursuits is “Wicked Good” and because it’s a Wednesday event….. Wicked Good Wednesday!!!!! So please add in your links to all the Wicked Good Stuff you have been working on this week and share in all the fun! LINK PARTY RULES: 1. Link to the specific post for something YOU have created – craft, recipe, DIY idea, photographs (and not to your main blog page). Please link something NEW each week and not repeat posts week after week. 2. No ads for link parties, Ebay and Etsy shops, giveaways, etc. please! 3. Be sure to spread the love and visit other blog posts and leave them a comment! 4. Help promote others – go to the original post of your favorites and PIN the most viewed link. 5. Please follow The Wilderness Wife on Twitter, or Networked Blogs, or Linky Followers, and we would love it if you gave us a “like” on Facebook. 6. Grab the “Wicked Good Wednesday” Button and link back here. Please have a link to this party in your post or on your blog. If there is no link you will not be “featured” in next week’s blog party review.