- 1 can Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked fiddleheads
- Fresh coarse ground pepper
- 1–1/3 cups French’s French Fried Onions
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Thoroughly rinse fiddleheads in cold water in a colander. Be sure to remove any brown papery skins.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Change out the water and boil in the fresh salted water for another 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Mix together Mushroom Soup, 1/2 cup of milk, 1 tsp. soy sauce and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Spray casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Put fiddleheads and 1/3 cup of onion rings in casserole and toss to mix.
- Pour soup mixture over the fiddleheads and onions.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir to mix.
- Sprinkle remaining onion rings on top and bake for 10 more minutes.