Green is Good – especially when it’s a Pistachio Muffin!
I love the pistachio flavor, be it in ice cream, pudding, or in the yummy results of this Pistachio Muffin Recipe. The first time I ever had pistachio ice cream, as a kid, I thought it was maraschino cherry ice cream and they had got the color wrong. To this day, pistachio “anything” reminds me of that wonderful ice cream sundae topping treat – the maraschino cherry!
I’m always looking for something different and quick for a breakfast treat, and when I found an easy muffin recipe that turns out moist, tasty, and easy to prepare I had to share it. I originally found this on the Duncan Hines website. It sounded so good and when I tried it I was hooked. Over the years I have changed it up a little with my own extra additions as I can never leave a recipe alone. I love experimenting in the kitchen!
Easy Moist Pistachio Muffin Recipe
This yummy, moist, and easy Pistachio muffin recipe will become a family favorite – try it. They are great fun for St. Patrick’s Day or Earth Day but I love them anytime of the year. Add chopped maraschino cherries or candied cranberries to make them a festive Christmas treat.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Category: Quick Bread
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 box pistachio instant pudding
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 tbs. sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Sift flour with cake mix.
- Add instant pudding, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon zest and mix together thoroughly.
- Beat eggs.
- Mix eggs with sour cream, water, vegetable oil and stir well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir. Don’t over-mix, batter can be a little lumpy as this is a quick bread.
- Fold in 1/2 cup nuts.
- Pour into greased muffin pan.
- Mix sugar & 1/4 cup nuts together and sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake at 375°F for 5 minutes then 350F for 15-18 minutes.
Try these other muffin recipes by the Wilderness Wife –