- 3 lbs. asparagus (trimmed and cleaned, and peeled if necessary (thicker spears need peeling)
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and trim the asparagus spears, and peel the lower portion, if the spears are large and woody.
- Place on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Pour the olive oil over the spears, and toss so they are well covered in oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, the same amount you would use to season on your plate if you were eating them.
- Roast in the oven for 10 -30 minutes until tender. The thicker spears will take longer, the thinner pencil size one less time.